So, just speaking sentamentally, When Marty Eddinger, introduced me to woodcarving I had no idea the gift it would be to my life. Why has it made such a healthy impact in me. Let me
- I have made new and strong relationships with other men who woodcarve.
- Woodcarving alone, bring me peace, I sense the Lord, and my spirit and emotions are recalibrated.
- It relieves stress and gets my mind off stressful things.
- I never considered myself an artist or even “artistic” but creating something from a piece of wood give me an inner satisfaction of fun accomplishment.
- I have time to think about things I don’t think about when I don’t have time.
- I love my shop and my space. Tools are fun, and wood smells great.
- I love challenges and dreaming.
I will always be grateful to my late friend Marty, who introduced me to woodcarving, taught me so much (eyes!), and encouraged me, and gifted me many things. I miss this guy daily.
Worked on this one this week. Loved every moment.